2014 Fall CSA (10 weeks) - Sign Up Now
2014-15 Winter CSA Program (7 weeks) - Sign Up in October
2015 Spring CSA Program (8 weeks) - Sign Up in December
2015 Summer CSA Program (15 weeks) - Sign Up in December
Signup and Payment Options are Provided at the Bottom of this Page
CSA Description and Benefits
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a program in which consumers support a local farm by subscribing and paying a seasonal fee in exchange for receiving fresh local produce. In our CSA programs, subscribers pick up their portion of the harvest at one of several pickup points located on the Eastern Shore and in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area on a weekly basis.
There are many benefits to subscribing to our CSA programs. As a subscriber, you will:
- Receive our local produce, including a wide variety of traditional and specialty crops, on a weekly basis;
- Enjoy 100% USDA Certified Organic produce grown by us without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides;
- Experience fresh, nutritious produce that is pre-chilled and delivered to numerous pickup points throughout the area;
- Know the source of the food you eat and support local organic farming;
- Support the protection of the environment;
- Have opportunities to visit the farm, where you can see your food grow and learn more about organic farming; and
- Receive weekly emails which include information such as the week's crop list, farm news, recipes, and cooking, handling, and storage tips.
Fall CSA (10 Weeks Beginning the Week of September 14)
The Fall CSA is a 10 week program that begins in mid September and ends in November.
All of the produce for our Fall CSA is USDA certified organic and grown by us. Thus, each week you will receive those crops that are in season locally. Typically the Fall CSA will begin with crops such as sweet peppers, tomatoes, squash/zucchini, onions, potatoes, eggplant, hot peppers, basil, beans, and winter squash. Later in the season, your portion will include some combination of cool season crops such as lettuce, kale, bok choy, tatsoi, cabbage, chard, radishes, bunching onions, kohlrabi, arugula, collards, sweet potatoes, and turnips.
For our Fall CSA, you have a choice between a Personal Subscription and a Family Subscription. The quantity of produce in a Personal Subscription is approximately 50% to 60% of that in a Family Subscription. The price for a Personal Subscription is $180.00 plus sales tax. The price of a Family Subscription is $270.00 plus sales tax.
Pickup Location Options for Our Fall CSA
Cape Charles - Rayfield's - Wednesdays: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Eastville - On the Farm - Wednesdays: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Nassawadox - Little Italy - Wednesdays: 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Onley - Edward's Seafood - Wednesdays: 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Chesapeake, Norfolk and Virginia Beach
Chesapeake - Cutting Edge Cafe - Wednesdays: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Norfolk - Welton's Seafood - Tuesdays: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Va Beach - Croc's 19th St. Bistro - Thursdays: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Va Beach - Eco Maniac - Thursdays: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Va Beach - Shorebreak Pizza - Thursdays: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Photos of Boxes from Previous Years
Examples of previous years' Family Size boxes are shown below.