2014-15 Winter CSA Program (7 weeks) - SOLD OUT!
2015 Spring CSA Program (8 weeks) - Sign up in December
2015 Summer CSA Program (15 weeks) - Sign up in December
2015 Fall CSA (10 weeks) - Sign up in July
Signup and Payment Options are Provided at the Bottom of this Page
CSA Description and Benefits
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a program in which consumers support a local farm by subscribing and paying a seasonal fee in exchange for receiving fresh local produce. In our CSA programs, subscribers pick up their portion of the harvest at one of several pickup points located on the Eastern Shore and in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area on a weekly basis.
There are many benefits to subscribing to our CSA programs. As a subscriber, you will:
- Receive our local produce, including a wide variety of traditional and specialty crops, on a weekly basis;
- Enjoy 100% USDA Certified Organic produce grown by us without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides;
- Experience fresh, nutritious produce that is pre-chilled and delivered to numerous pickup points throughout the area;
- Know the source of the food you eat and support local organic farming;
- Support the protection of the environment;
- Have opportunities to visit the farm, where you can see your food grow and learn more about organic farming; and
- Receive weekly emails which include information such as the week's crop list, farm news, recipes, and cooking, handling, and storage tips.
Winter CSA (7 Weeks Beginning in early December)
The Winter CSA is a 7 week program that begins in early December. We plan to have no deliveries for the two weeks that include Christmas and New Year's Day. Additionally, it is likely that there will be weeks that we do not deliver in the winter because of weather conditions. Our best estimate is that we will have 2 or 3 CSA weeks in December, 2 or 3 in January and 2 in February for a total of 7 weeks. Our plan is to send an email on Fridays or Saturdays that will inform you as to whether there will be a pickup the next week or not. Because cold temperatures can impact crop growth rates significantly, Winter CSA Subscribers need to be somewhat flexible.
All of the produce for our Winter CSA is grown by us and is USDA certified organic. Thus, each week you will receive those crops that are in season locally. Typically the Winter CSA will include crops such as lettuce, sweet potatoes, bunching onions, kale, bok choy, tatsoi, cabbage, chard, radishes, beets, kohlrabi, collards, butternut squash, broccoli, carrots, acorn squash, mustard greens, potatoes, and turnips.
For our Winter CSA, you have a choice between a Personal Subscription and a Family Subscription. The quantity of produce in a Personal Subscription is approximately 50% to 60% of that in a Family Subscription. The price for a Personal Subscription is $126.00 plus sales tax. The price of a Family Subscription is $189.00 plus sales tax.
Pickup Location Options for Our Winter CSA
Cape Charles - Rayfield's - Wednesdays: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Eastville - On the Farm - Wednesdays: 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Nassawadox - Little Italy - Wednesdays: 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Onley - Edward's Seafood - Wednesdays: 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Chesapeake, Norfolk and Virginia Beach
Chesapeake - Cutting Edge Cafe - Wednesdays: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Norfolk - Welton's Seafood - Tuesdays: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Va Beach - Croc's 19th St. Bistro - Thursdays: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Va Beach - Eco Maniac - Thursdays: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Va Beach - Shorebreak Pizza - Thursdays: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM